SAY, DID YOU KNOW THAT I'M A LIFE COACH?
- This is a good link to lead with in light of Jackie's look: Hipsters Who Dress Like Jackie
- Excerpt from the "town hall" Sandra Bernhard did with the Roseanne cast. Roseanne and Michael Fishman reveal who the network wanted for the part of D.J.
- “It’s funny because Roseanne and I have talked for years, and we always talked about D.J. potentially being in an interracial marriage," said Fishman. "And I think that’s really important because that’s what families look like now. They’re diverse. They’re really complex. It’s not this static thing that you see on most shows on television, so I was really excited for that. And I think it’s a good callback to the show. I feel so lucky to be gifted that from the writers because I think it gives us so much depth to play with and a whole new series of interactions and complex character traits."
- WNIC talks to Michael Fishman, who is super good at promotion as it turns out.
- NPR's Eric Deggans talks about the return of Roseanne.
- Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino (creator/writers for Gilmore Girls and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) briefly discuss Roseanne's character as a Trump supporter. Fast forward to 13:00.
- Oh good, Tom Arnold weighs in *poop noises.* "(I just flashed back to a long-ago writers room with head writer Danny Jacobson lecturing us about story points and me staring enviously across the table at fellow writer Joss Whedon's beautiful flowing red hair.)" Ok, Tom.
- Who's Jill Stein?
- Correction: Dennis Hopper's line in Blue Velvet is "Baby wants to fuck." Not, "Daddy wants to fuck." SJ regrets this error.