These are the show notes for this episode!
We have a funny feeling that indignant cake-smashin' Harris is wearing a vintage Raggedy Ann and Andy sweater. But maybe that's crazy talk.
- The director of this episode, Gail Mancuso, is an Illinois native with many years of TV directing under her belt, including five years with the original Roseanne (51 episodes).
- Queen Debbie noted the explosive growth of the dollar store market share, which coincides with American wealth disparity. Queen SJ mentioned 99% Invisible and their episode on where dollar store items come from
- Laurie Metcalf was on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!
- Alicia Goranson was a guest on Judy Gold's podcast Kill Me Now. We learned that in the original pilot script, Becky's character was named "Jenny" after Roseanne's real life daughter
- That race joke: Emily Nussbaum is on it
- Jane Fonda thinks we need sex ed in retirement homes, because they are totes crashing the custard truck, and with multiple partners. Fonda and Lily Tomlin maybe knows a thing or two about what seniors are up to with their tales of ribaldry on Grace and Frankie.
- SJ remembers Jane Fonda for the VHS workout videos her mother owned in the 80s, but learned much more about her in last summer's Jean and Jane, which was a look at Jane Fonda's and Jean Seberg's life and career.
- Debbie recalls that Roseanne tweeted she was unhappy with her performance for this episode:
- We follow @Big_Shug who is making Roseanne-themed dinners! Delightful and a man who is after our gluttonous hearts.