These are the show notes for this episode!
- Debbie appreciated the generations represented in the opening kitchen scene and SJ recalled the maiden/mother/crone archetype (and noticed that Harris and Roseanne both wear leopard).
- SJ heard that older workers are taking service jobs and that it's not unrealistic for Crystal to be retiring as a cocktail waitress. She was greatly relieved when she found an article that affirmed her world view: Why American teenagers are less likely to find a summer job
- Debbie recalled Loni Anderson on WKRP in Cincinnati when she thought of perfect Barbie doll posture. When SJ was small she was hypnotized by Anderson's hair and HBIC, do-it-all attitude.
- Speaking of old thymey costumes, etc, Debbie and SJ discussed the Alaska Gold Rush, and the prevalence of seamstresses in Seattle at this time.
- SJ was surprised to learn there was Trump involvement in the region.
- If you want more riverboat whore vibe, Debbie recommends Good Time Girls of the Alaska-Yukon Gold Rush : Secret History of the Far North by Lael Morgan